Saturday, September 8, 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Well, I am officially done with my internship in Singapore.  This has been an incredible journey filled with incredible people, fun experiences and lots of traveling.  I will be leaving tomorrow morning to meet up with my fellow Duck classmates in China for two weeks before returning to school.  I cannot wait to see everyone, I have missed you all a lot.  I just wanted to give a special thank you to everyone I have met here that has helped me to have an incredible experience I will never forget.  Everyone at the hostel was amazing, even the temporary roommates who drove me nuts, and I would definitely consider staying in a hostel again.  It has its challenges, but in the end I cannot imagine staying anywhere else and having as good of a time.  The manager SK was incredible and very helpful, I am lucky I got to stay here.  Also my American counterparts here Rachel and Prashant have kept me sane (for the most part) and I want to thank the both of you for sharing in this great summer with me. 

At work, I have to thank all of my coworkers for putting up with me and doing absolutely everything in their power to make my stay here a great one.  Bob, Syed, Lenard, Farah, Jen and the entire crew at SPEX house, you have all been great friends and coworkers and I thank you for everything you have done for me.  You are all some of the most genuine and generous people I have ever met.  I wish you all nothing but the absolute best and truly hope to keep in touch.  To my buddy Matt, who was also there and helpful for anything I needed and took charge of showing me around I will miss you terribly.  I never knew I enjoyed British humor so much (or that anyone did) but I wish you the the best at Sports School.  And last but not least Sarah, who had the unfortunate task of dealing with me from the moment I arrived in the country.  Even though you probably still cannot spell my name, I will never forget how great you were to me.  You are all amazing and thank you. 

I hope you all have found my blog entertaining, and I hope I haven't offended too many of you in the process.  This has been an incredible summer in Singapore, and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead in China.  Thank you again city of Lions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment