Monday, August 13, 2012

Holidays, Hooters and Hookers...


It’s been so long I am sorry!  I hope you didn’t think I forgot about you guys.  I am here now don’t you worry.  So what have I been up to lately...

Well as most of you who saw my video on my Facebook page know, it was National Day last week!  Singapore’s Independence day landed on a Thursday, which gave us all the day off but we still had to go to work Friday...wtf?  I know, pretty lame.  Anyway, spent my day off relaxing by the pool and getting more of a tan on my already naturally-tanned Egyptian skin (that was for you pale people out there in Oregon).  At night we went out to the Coast to see the fireworks.  This was much different than any 4th of July fireworks show I have seen in the past.  The fireworks were big and beautiful like normal, but they only went in like 3 minutes spurts.  They went off for a few, then stopped for a few, then went off again.  Overall, the entire thing lasted maybe 15 minutes and that includes the stops.  I was not that impressed.  They did have most of the buildings lit up in red and white (the country’s colors) and that made it look really nice at night.  Contrary to my video, Singapore did NOT seem keen on spiking the population that night.  At least not in public.  I will not say that I offered my services to better the country’s future, but I will also not say I didn’t.... Either way I went home alone.  Overall it was a good National Day though.

So one of my co-workers pointed out over the weekend that there is a Hooters here in Singapore!  Being that I am a man and love good wings, I love Hooters.  Even though it is not that great in the states anymore because the service is always terrible and it takes an hour to get your order.  We decided to give it a try Singapore-style though, and I was pleasantly surprised.  The wings tasted very similar to the ones in the states, though they didn’t have all the same flavours.  The prices were somewhat comparable but a little more expensive here as well, which is to be expected.  The girls however left something to be desired.  I don’t think they understand what the name Hooters is supposed to stand for...  Turns out I was more “equipped” to have the job more than almost all of them.  Oh well at least the wings came out a lot faster than in the states.  Good time at Hooters!

After Hooters we all went to play pool at a bar a few doors down.  We were having a great time until some of the “working girls” came in to try and find clients.  Dressed to the nines, these girls were on the prowl for anyone who would buy them a drink.  It wasn’t that busy, so they decided to play pool since it was an open table and you had to sign up and take turns.  I guess they must spend a lot of time in pool halls for some unknown reason, because they were GOOD.  Needless to say, some members of our party did not want to lose to a hooker.  Completely understandable, though I was more worried about sterilizing the cue stick when it was my turn. We did not fare too well on the felt, though I was triumphant in beating the hooker (wait... that doesn’t sound right) when i played her, so I went home feeling like a champion. (And wanting to wash myself in purel.)   So next time you are in a pool hall in Singapore, always remember that if she looks like a working girl, she will probably beat you.
Nice try Matt

Hooters!






No comments:

Post a Comment