Monday, August 6, 2012

Random

So this blog is pretty random, but I didn’t want to just keep waiting for something exciting to happen before blogging about it.  You, the people, deserve to know about my time no matter how uneventful or boring it may be.  So here we go people:

I was attacked by a bird this morning.  I was walking to work, minding my own business when I came across a bird who was sitting in the middle of the sidewalk.  As I got closer, I assumed the bird would just get scared and move out of the way.  I was about 3 steps from the bird and it remained in its same spot.  As I took another step I started to wonder “Am I going to step on this stupid bird?  Why isn’t it moving?” The bird turned to look at me as I was preparing to take another step that would have me landing right next to it and all of the sudden it flew up and HIT ME IN THE FACE.  The bird flew into my face in what I can only assume was an act of aggression.  As you can probably imagine, the ensuing scream and flailing arms were completely justified and the laughter from the cab driver watching this all play out was unnecessary.  I felt like George Costanza when he didn't understand why the pigeons weren't honoring the agreement on Seinfeld.  Apparently birds out here have an attitude.  Either that or what I thought was a pigeon was really the honey badger.

I rode in a car elevator the other day!  It was the strangest thing, and I don’t know why I was so excited about it.  Maybe it’s because I am new to the sensation of moving up and down in a car, as im sure most people are.  There is a parking garage near one of the million malls on the island that uses a car elevator to take you up to the top levels.  While it took forever to get on and off, it was still a really cool experience.
 

I found out that there is delivery for almost any kind of food here in Singapore.  Since it costs so much to have a car here (a compact version of a Honda Odyssey minivan is $200,000) I guess people would rather just have food delivered than pay for a cab to go get it.  While searching the online database for food options, I came across McDelivery... delivery service for McDonalds!  I was shocked, but also intrigued.  While I didn’t order from it (seriously thought about it though) I envisioned what their tagline could be: “McDelivery... obesity is now a phone call away.” I cannot wait until this hits the States, because it would be taken advantage of so much.  How fat do you have to be to order in for McDonalds???  (Again, I did not order it, but considered it)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA @ the bird story. I would have been right there with the cab driver

    ReplyDelete