Sunday, July 15, 2012

Go-Karts!

 So today started out like any other typical Sunday.  I tried to sleep in, failed miserably, woke up at 8 am and did my laundry.  Due to the excess sweating, I have a lot of laundry as you can imagine (even though you may not want to imagine).  Anyways, after a fun time of doing laundry it was sunny outside so I decided to go for a walk around town.  The walk did not last long, as it was really hot.  When I say it didn't last long, im talking stepping outside, looking both ways to cross the street, then deciding it was too hot to cross the street and going back upstairs.  

So, I did what any other red-blooded American man of my age would do in this situation.  I came back inside and watched the Hunger Games on my laptop.  Say what you will about the movie, the book was good.  And I don't think it takes anything away from my manhood by watching that movie.  For the record, I am team Gale all the way.  Peeta is lame.  There I said it.
 
 Anyway, after the movie I was invited by my boss to come check out some F1-style go-kart races down by the water!  Feeling a little feminine from my movie, I jumped at the chance for a little adrenaline and testosterone.  The track was right next to the beach, the karts were professional and FAST.  They weren't the lawnmower engine type, these has legitimate engines and went screaming around turns.  Most of them were corporate sponsored, as you can see from the picture of SSC's kart. After watching them speed around for awhile, we got to drive them and it was incredible.

The go-karts were definitely the highlight of my day, and I hope you
all enjoy the pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment