Saturday, July 7, 2012

The hits just keep on coming...

Allllllllllllllrighty then we had some more great times today! My first weekend off from work, so you know what that means... no work? Anyways I made it my mission to be productive this weekend. I started the day with some laundry, then went out with my boss to take a tour of the island. We went everywhere on a giant double-decker bus, just like I was in London. Stopped in Chinatown to look at some cheap knock offs, and went to little India really quick to buy a really cheap gym bag. Upon purchase of said gym bag, I got the hell out of little India before catching dengue fever. After my touring the island, I stopped to get some food at a local restaurant. I was mid-bite of my rice when a woman came and sat down at my table and said hi. It was an older Asian woman who was looking for spare change. Now normally I try to give change when I can, but for some reason (maybe because i was eating and she was in my face) I didnt feel like handing over any money. Plus I wasn't sure how much I had, and didn't want to pull it all out and look like an ass for only giving a little bit. This is what I thought... So I did the patented slap of the pockets and shake of the head symbolizing that I have no change, while my mouth was still full because I was eating. Only when I did this, as she started to turn away, a dollar coin FELL OUT OF MY POCKET upon slapping. We both froze, she turned and looked at the coin, then at me, then at the coin again. I looked at the coin, then at her, and then in the most confident way possible, reached down to grab the dollar coin, slid it back into my pocket, and continued to eat while looking at my food as if nothing had ever happened. She stayed there staring at me in silence for about a minute before muttering something and walking away. It was so awkward, but damn if it wasn't funny now that I think about it. I am not a jerk, I give money sometimes, but this just happened to bite me in the ass and it was pretty funny. Lastly tonight I rode the train to an area called Clark Quay, which is basically where most of the foreigners on the island go to drink and party all night. It was a pretty good time, Prashant and I hit the town to celebrate his impending nuptials and made it back in time to get to bed for my basketball tournament tomorrow. Hopefully you all will get a post tomorrow from a 3 on 3 tournament champion! Most likely not though. Here are some pictures from my day. We have Chinatown, Singapore's copy of the London Eye, Clark Quay by night, and my favorite shirt on a guy sleeping standing up on the train. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like the patented David Figueroa Vegas incident. Here's a 1 dollar tip....oh dear God it's a 5, insert awkward tug-of-war with bag boy....both drop it so it falls to the ground, then go back and forth between looking at each other and the ground....then shut the door and mope.

    ReplyDelete