Friday, July 6, 2012

Moves like Jagger

You may be wondering about the title, and there is a very specific reason for it.  In case some of you don't know, I live in a hostel that has 16 people crammed into a bedroom.  So, as you can imagine every night I am serenaded by the snoring of different people.  Last night I was exhausted, and I came home to an A/C unit that wasn't working properly.  Now imagine 16 people crammed like sardines into a room with 100% humidity.  The fact was I was not in a good mood, and the snoring didn't help me fall asleep.  After tossing and turning for hours, I finally fell asleep and right around 3:30 in the morning I heard someones phone going off and the ringtone was, you guessed it, moves like Jagger. Not only did it wake up damn near everyone in the room, but the ONLY guy who it didn't wake up was the owner of the phone!!!!  The song played completely out TWICE before someone got up, found out who it was and threatened him.  I am pretty sure the same guy was also snoring so that made me like him even more.  I could not go back to sleep and it ruined my day.  So in case anyone is keeping score, I hate Maroon 5 now. 

So Fridays are like the magical days at the office here.  We have what are called "Sporting Fridays" which basically means that every Friday at 4:30 pm all the employees are kicked out of the office to participate in a sport of some form.  Why aren't all companies implementing this???  Today I went out with a few guys and we played pool, which they technically consider a sport over here.  (This isn't that ridiculous considering they also play "contact bridge" and chess as sports)  Anyways we went to a very nice pool hall and started playing.  I am not the best at pool, but I am certainly not terrible.  Everyone else seemed pretty mediocre so we started playing games and picking teams and such. Little did I know that we had a pool hustler at our work, who might as well call himself Fast Eddie from the Color of Money.  I felt like I was Will Smith when Uncle Phil had to come down to the pool hall to bail him out of a jam and turned out to be a pro.  I was floored when the entire table was being cleared before I got a shot.  Thank god I didn't get cocky and lay any money down. 

We also went to a bar called "The Dugout".  This bar was ironically named the dugout because apparently the owners have no idea the term is used in baseball.  The name was the entire point of us going because it should have been a sports bar.  But no, they have no clue and it was just a regular underwhelming bar.  My basketball tournament teammate his named Coach Ong.  His first name is actually Coach.  He legally changed it to be Coach.  I don't know why he changed it, but he has also changed the background of his name badge to be the coach fabric.... Don't know what to do with that.  Anyways while we were out Coach was telling me he tried to order me a jersey for the tournament this weekend but he doesn't think they can put a rush order on such a big jersey.  Apparently they need more than 3 days to gather enough men to paint the number on an elephant size t shirt.  This weekend has a lot of potential.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. We have to meet Coach...on name tag syle alone he sounds ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solid post, but dude - you're about 8 years behind the rest of the world if you JUST NOW started hating Maroon 5. Expected more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should look into getting better accommodations. Or at least a room that only has 10 other people in it.

    ReplyDelete